Terms and Conditions
- A 50% deposit is required upon placing an order.
- Goods ordered and not required within 1 month must be paid for in full.
- When an order is placed a contract exists between the consumer and Funnells Furnishing Ltd. Cancellations are not normally acceptable although in extenuating circumstances, where the consumer cancels on reasonable grounds a refund of the deposit may be made at our discretion which will be subject to a charge for any expenses incurred.
- Any cancelled or changed orders once dispatched by the manufacturer or cut from stock, will incur a restocking charge.
- Funnells Furnishings will not be held responsible for incorrect goods ordered from customers own measurements.
- Uplifting and disposing of existing flooring will incur a charge, as will the moving of furniture and easing of doors, plinths etc.
- Re –stretching carpets and vinyls will be free of charge within 1 year of being fitted.
- The goods remain the property of Funnells Furnishing Ltd until payment is made in full
- All carpet measurements are provided subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 1.25% in accordance with BS3665 (British standards institution tolerance).
- 10. Individual samples will be unlikely to be from current production batches and should be only used as a colour guide not an exact match. Where colour is critical we will obtain a stock cutting from the manufacturer/supplier. Carpet shades will be as close as reasonably possible to the sample from which selection was made, minor variations may occur.
- When a new carpet is installed we recommend a new underlay as this will have a positive impact upon the wear life of the product.
- On all carpet some tracking marks will occur in heavy traffic areas during the normal wear life of the carpet.
- The position of wiring and piping in vulnerable places must be drawn to the attention of the fitter. The fitter cannot be responsible for the accidental damage to pipe work or cables as a consequence of a failure on the consumer’s part in this respect.
- Due to increasing complexity of these devices the fitter cannot accept responsibility for the disconnection and re- connection of hi-fi’s home cinema’s, tv’s, computers etc.
- Estimates will remain firm for a period of 4 weeks, after which they may be liable to any manufacturers price increase. All prices will include VAT and we reserve the right to review the price in the event of any change in the VAT between date of estimate and execution of the contract.
- All pile carpet’s, are liable to shading and could show light and dark patches arising from unequal crushing of the surface. Light and delicate carpets are liable to become noticeably soiled in wear and appear to lose colour.
- Disconnecting washing machines, dishwashers, cookers etc. is the responsibility of the customer, however our fitters can carry out this task for a charge at consumer’s own risk, Funnells Furnishing Ltd will not be held responsible for damage to pipes or washers, or the functioning of the appliance after reinstallation. Local specialist companies will also provide this service at a reasonable cost.
FUNNELLS FURNISHING LTD 10 NORTH STREET, STORRINGTON, WEST SUSSEX RH20 4NZ